Trick-or-treating is fun, but can be also dangerous, so, as a parent we need to make sure that our children stay safe during this time. According to www.cdc.gov/familyHalloween.
Children under 12 years old, should be accompanied by an adult.
Put electronic devises away and keep heads up and walk.
Cross streets at corners
When crossing, look left and right.
Always walk on sideways or paths
Be careful with cars that are backing up.
If your costume is totally black, make sure to decorated with reflective tape or stickers.
Wear make up instead of masks.
Carry flash lights or glow sticks.
Slow down and be alert for children crossing streets.
Be extra careful when backing up.
Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic.
And last but not least, go to your favorite library for fun and safe Halloween activities. Check out our website for listing of events.
- Goosebumps and Ghosts party 3:30-5:00 pm @ Canyon Country
- Pumpkin Decorating 4:00-5:30 pm @ Newhall Library
- Pumpkin Decorating 3:30-5:00 pm @ Canyon Country
- Pumpkin Decorating 3:30-5:30 pm @ Valencia
- Spooktacular Fun, 3:30-4:30 @ Newhall Library
Wear your costume! and while you’re here, check out some scary Halloween books!