Use a library grab-and-go kit or ingredients from your own kitchen to make this remarkable slime!
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 2-3 drops food coloring
- 2-3 TBSP water
- wooden stick or spoon to stir
- plastic cauldron or bowl
- Carefully pour the cornstarch into the cauldron or bowl
- Add 2 TBSP of water, a little at a time, stirring after each addition
- If the mix is too dry add up to 1 TBSP more, a few drops at a time
- If it is to runny, keep mixing until it firms up
- If you are using a kit supplied by the library the food coloring is already in the cornstarch
- If you are making your own slime at home you can add the food coloring now
- Once you have the right consistency it’s time to play!
- Cornstarch slime is a solid when you touch it firmly and a liquid if you touch it gently. Try tapping the slime quickly, now try sinking your finger into it slowly, explore the differences!
- Store your slime in a closed container. If it dries out, add a few drops of water to the slime and stir to reach the right consistency.