National Library Week is all about loving your library!
This year we celebrate the theme “Libraries Transform”, reminding all of us that libraries of today are not just about being a big building that holds many books, but what we do for and with people, how we connect with each other, and how we learn from one another.
The Santa Clarita Public Library is a place to be creative, dance and have fun, craft or learn a hobby, see a 3D printer, and of course- find a great book! Libraries across America offer so much to our communities!
Celebrate with us during the week! Here are some suggestions:
1. Visit your local library branch.
2. Show support on social media! Ask your parent or guardian to follow the library on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to stay up to date with all our current library happenings!
3. Tell your favorite librarian that they make a difference!
4. Attend a free event this week. Click here for our calendar of events
5. Show that you love and support your library by checking out books and other library materials.
You may also be interested in these frequently challenged books:
And Tango Makes Three, Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
Drama, by Raina Telgemeier
Captain Underpants (series), by Dav Pilkey
For more books on libraries, check out these titles: